As The Spanish Wine Page continues to develop, there's
a growing body of reference information available here. In order
to better organize the both the content and the access to this
more or less permanent data, I've set up this G & R index.
This will also leave more space for new and future elements on
the Home Page.
- Winemaking, Terminology
- A basic guide to Spanish winemaking and a glossary of terms
to help you interpret those sometimes confusing labels.
- A Quick Guide to The
Top Regions, Best Years
- Vintage Tables for both the "major" wine regions
- Rioja, Penedés, Ribera del Duero, Rueda, and Valdepeñas,
and the other D.O. regions as well. Also includes an ageing chart
to get an idea of the "life expectancy" of the better
known wines from Spain.
- How to Get Started
- Some basic tips on wines to help start a Spanish section
to your wine cellar.
- The Regional Wine Guide
- This is the beginning of an evolving Guide to the Wines of
Spain. At present there are only a few "bodegas" present,
but this will change as the pages evolve. The Guide is organized
by D.O. region, and also serves as a reference to the 40 recognized
D.O. regions of Spain.
100 years of Rioja Alta
- Online version of Manuel Ruiz Hernández's book, published
on the 100th anniversary of La Rioja Alta. A highly detailed
technical look at Rioja wines and winemaking - a must for specialists
and knowledgable wine lovers.
- Winery Tours
- A listing of some of the more interesting Ribera del Duero
and Rioja wineries, as well as contact information for the Barcelona
area. Includes basic travel information, location, visiting hours,
telephone, and contact person.
Map of Spain
- A JPEG Image direct from the University of Texas' Map Collection.
A great, detailed map of Spain. Warning - IT'S VERY LARGE! (..
and may take a while to download.)
- F.E.V - The Spanish
Wine Exporters Associacion
- A Database of 600 of Spain's leading exporters, with addresses
for the regional exporters associations and a list of the member
wineries and their brand names (in Spanish).
- Wines From Spain - USA
- Wines from Spain aims to create greater awareness of
Spanish wine in the United States. It is the number one information source on Spanish
wines for wine professionals, media, and consumers.
- Wine Production and Other
- Some statistical data with production and export figures
from some of Spain's leading regions: Rioja, Ribera de Duero
and Rias Baixas
- A Bibliography of Spanish
- A short bibliography of useful references on Spanish wine
and wine making: English, Spanish and German.